Start by asking yourself these questions:
- What are you passionate about?
- What are you good at?
- What question are you trying to answer, or what problem are you trying to solve?
- Who could benefit from your idea?
- How can it make the world a better place?
- What kinds of research do you need to do to answer some of your questions?
- How will you identify relevant and trustworthy sources of information?
- Who could support me in this project as a mentor?
- Check out the Challenge topics for inspiration
Download the My STEM Idea Brainstorm resource to guide you through the idea process!
Different types of projects:
- Discovery – these projects ask a question and involve research and/or experiments to find an answer
- Innovation – these projects create, design, or build something new to solve a problem
When you’ve got an idea and you’re ready to work on your project, access your project workspace by Creating an Account.